- Do not modify, edit or otherwise change the message content as passed through the API, except as needed to reformat for technical limitations of your specific service.
- All $TICKER cashtags within each message must be hyperlinked and point to the StockTwits ticker page at http://www.stocktwits.com/symbol/.
- All @mentions within each message must be hyperlinked and point to the StockTwits user page for the mentioned user at http://www.stocktwits.com/.
- Messages should be presented with a timestamp, either in absolute (May 1, 2012 3:30pm) or relative (1 hour ago) format. The timestamp should be linked to the message display page on StockTwits at http://www.stocktwits.com/message/.
- If you choose to display media objects passed within the API in your application; such as a chart image or video, the object must be hyperlinked and point to the message display page on StockTwits at http://www.stocktwits.com/message/.
(eg. $GOOG) can be done easily, we have created a library that provides text processing routines for StockTwits Messages. This library provides autolinking and extraction for cashtags, it's available on Github:
We recommend using the Twitter text-js Library for linking
library provides autolinking and extraction for URLs. You will find it on Github: