Noah Perlman, the chief compliance officer at Binance, has a past involving not only major crypto scandals but also some of the world’s most sensational controversies. 🌎
And the list is kind of nuts.
- Ties to Jeffrey Epstein: Noah Perlman’s connection to Jeffrey Epstein is highlighted by his father, Itzhak Perlman, who reportedly took flights on Epstein’s plane and visited a location where Epstein built a lodge, later referred to as a “lair to target girls.”
- Role in Gemini’s Earn Program: Perlman was deeply involved in Gemini’s Earn program, which became the center of a $1.1 billion fraud lawsuit by the New York Attorney General, especially after the collapse of FTX and the subsequent issues with Gemini Earn.
- Involvement with Moonstone Bank: As a director at FBH Corp., which took over Farmington State Bank (later Moonstone Bank), Perlman was implicated in dealings that attracted investments from Alameda Research and FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried. Moonstone Bank faced regulatory challenges, leading to an enforcement action by the Federal Reserve.
- Legal Challenges at Binance: Perlman’s role at Binance has been marked by navigating numerous government investigations and legal challenges, including settlements with the Department of Justice and Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and ongoing issues with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Connection to Binance’s Executive Scandals: Perlman’s tenure at Binance coincides with the legal troubles of former CEO Changpeng Zhao and Samuel Lim, adding to the complexity of his role in the company’s compliance and legal affairs.
Bad luck? Bad guy? Who knows. 🤷♂️