$TNYA Disappointment Is Not the Same as a Broken Thesis:
My perspective following the September 23, 2026 AHA lineup release
I understand the frustration with TNYA’s momentum. I share the disappointment. Watching a position struggle while waiting for meaningful progress to translate into a stronger stock price is difficult. But the question I keep returning to is not whether I like the price action. It is whether the evidence has changed the reasons I own the company.
I anticipated the possibility of a disappointed reaction if the hoped-for AHA inclusion did not materialize. That was an assessment of expectations and risk, not advance knowledge of the outcome. Before this event, I had already established my approach: I would consider revisiting my position if one of six defined triggers fired, rather than rewriting my investment framework in response to a difficult trading day.
What changed, and what did not
Neither TN-201 nor TN-401 appeared in the published AHA late-breaking lineup when it was checked today, and a search of the broader program did not confirm a MyPEAK-1 or RIDGE-1 readout (AHA late-breaking lineup, AHA program planner).
That matters to expectations. I had viewed potential inclusion as an opportunity for visibility and a more concrete catalyst date. That particular opportunity has not been confirmed, and I am not going to replace it with speculation about a surprise announcement.
But it is important to distinguish what we hoped for from what the company actually committed to. Tenaya’s stated guidance was for additional interim TN-201 and TN-401 data, along with updates on regulatory discussions, in the fourth quarter of 2026; that guidance did not specify an AHA presentation (Tenaya’s second-quarter business update).
The absence of a conference slot does not, by itself, tell me that the treatments stopped working, that a new safety problem emerged, or that the regulatory path deteriorated. Equally, it does not guarantee that the next data will be favorable. It leaves the central investment questions to be answered by evidence.
The six conditions that would make me reassess
These are my review triggers, not allegations that any of these events has occurred:
• Durability failure: Evidence that the benefits of TN-201 or TN-401 are not being maintained, including meaningful deterioration in the clinical or biological measures supporting the treatment thesis.
• A materially more difficult FDA pathway: Regulatory requirements that substantially change the expected development plan, such as a required placebo-controlled pivotal study, an expanded trial or additional cohort, or rejection of an accelerated pathway I had been considering as a possibility.
• A material safety signal: A serious treatment-related concern, clinical hold, dose-limiting toxicity or other safety development that changes the risk-benefit assessment.
• Financing that breaches my predefined limits: An offering or ATM use that crosses the thresholds I established in advance. My framework does not treat all financing as equally good or equally bad; the ownership cost and the time purchased both matter.
• Alnylam termination or a material reduction in scope: A change that weakens an important component of the partnership thesis. At the same time, I do not assume that Alnylam owes Tenaya a larger deal or will solve its future funding needs.
• A key leadership or scientific departure: An exit involving the people responsible for the company’s strategy, clinical execution or scientific direction. That would require an explanation and a fresh assessment, not an automatic assumption of misconduct.
If one of those triggers fires, I revisit the position. “Revisit” means examine the facts and consequences honestly, including whether the original investment case remains credible. It does not mean defend the position regardless of what has changed.
Patience still has an economic cost
I am not dismissing the share price as irrelevant. In my assessment, a weak price matters because future equity financing could require issuing more shares to raise the same amount of money. Time also matters: a delay can consume cash and reduce negotiating flexibility even before the science itself is disproven.
That is why my view is not simply “good science will eventually win.” I need to assess clinical progress, regulatory requirements, funding and the ownership left for existing shareholders together. A company can preserve a valuable program on terms that are disappointing for its shareholders.
Nor do I think a positive update automatically guarantees a sustained rally. I want to understand what the data establish, what they leave unresolved, and whether the company has a credible way to fund the next stage. I am investing in that sequence of evidence and execution, not a promise that one headline will fix the chart.
Where I stand
I am disappointed with the momentum, but I am not revisiting my position solely because this AHA expectation was not met. The distinction matters: disappointment describes how I feel about the outcome; the six triggers describe the evidence that would make me reconsider the investment.
My responsibility is to stay consistent without becoming stubborn. That means acknowledging missed expectations, refusing to invent explanations for every trade, and remaining willing to change my mind when the facts warrant it.
I do not need every session to validate my decision. I do need the developing evidence to justify continuing to own the company. That is the standard I intend to apply.
This is my personal perspective on my own position, not a recommendation for anyone else to buy, sell or hold. Other investors have different liquidity needs, time horizons and tolerances for loss. NFA.