- 'Shopko... Briggs & Stratton... Appvion (formerly Appleton Papers)... Harnischfeger...
Bon-Ton... JHT Holdings... Arandell... Golden Guernsey Dairy. We tend to think of
these companies as our own - Wisconsin-based, some with storied traditions here,
employers of family members and friends - but all of them have one thing in common:
they filed for bankruptcy protection in another state.'
- Briggs & Stratton president and CEO Steve Andrews was the keynote speaker at the
Milwaukee Business Journal's Power Breakfast on Friday. Find out what he had to
say about the prominent company's commitment to Milwaukee, its involvement in the
community and plans to grow its operations.
- Wauwatosa-based Briggs & Stratton LLC for the second time this year announced an
expansion of production at its Auburn, Alabama, plant - this time for manufacturing
standby generators. Briggs & Stratton said it will more than double production of
the generators in an initiative that will reduce lead times by expanding production
- Driven largely by a nearly $20 million fee for Briggs & Stratton Corp.'s investment-banking
firm and another $11.2 million for its bankruptcy law firm, professional fees totaled
$45.1 million for the company's Chapter 11 case. Milwaukee-area bankruptcy lawyers
said the fees for law firms and other professionals in the case were within the
normal range for this size case.
- With Texans suffering the combined catastrophe of a winter deep-freeze and power
outages, Generac Power Systems has a factory and its suppliers working overtime
while logistics centers have delivered "well over 100" truckloads of small, gas-powered
generators to Texas, says CEO Aaron Jagdfeld.
- Three months after Harley-Davidson Inc. ended its long-running sponsorship at the
Milwaukee Summerfest grounds, another legacy Wisconsin manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton,
has extended its sponsorship. The news Thursday was somewhat surprising because
Wauwatosa-based Briggs & Stratton underwent Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2020 and has
a new private-equity owner.
- Winter driving can be treacherous. Here are 14 items to keep in your car to ensure
you get to your destination safely, from a shovel to a warm blanket.When you buy
through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.When
you buy through our links, we may earn money from our ...
- Briggs & Stratton LLC, which during summer 2020 announced plans to lay off nearly
200 production workers in Wauwatosa, is recruiting to fill 50 openings at the legacy
plant. A few weeks before Briggs & Stratton filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in July
2020, the company filed a layoff notice with the state of Wisconsin initially indicating
plans to lay off 208 employees.
- Brunswick (NYSE:BC) and Briggs Stratton (OTCMKTS:BGGSQ) are both consumer discretionary
companies, but which is the better business? We will contrast the two businesses
based on the strength of their earnings, profitability, risk, institutional ownership,
valuation, dividends and analyst ...