- "[Daily Maverick] With barely a week to go before another 'non-negotiable' government
deadline expires, time is running very short as a Turkish gas-to-power company enters
the final lap of a hurdles race with nearly R228bn in prize money waiting at the
finish line. But Karpowership could still fall ..."
- 'In his Daily Market Notes report to investors, while commenting on Chinas growing
isolationism, Louis Navellier wrote: Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and
more The Risk In Taxes Goldman Sachs stated that the higher taxes being proposed
were the single greatest risk to stock prices. Even ...'
- Philip Morris International Inc confirmed that its takeover bid for Vectura Group
Plc has become unconditional. Acceptances of the offer pitched at 165p per share
has now reached 74%, exceeding the 50% needed for the transaction to proceed. The
tobacco company is now clear to buy the British inhaler...
- Seeking to make a case for why voters should support the Progressive Liberal Party
at the polls tomorrow, PLP Leader Philip Brave Davis claimed at a virtual rally
last night that the Free National Movement (FNM) administration would raise taxes
if re-elected. We have been told by credible sources ...
- Manchin's idea sparked early backlash from Democrats. "I think that raising children
is work," Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio told reporters Tuesday.
- Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia.
- Oliver Contreras/The New York Times via AP, Pool
- Sen. Joe Manchin dug in on his proposal to require people work...
- 'The video game retailer has now stumbled in 11 of its past 12 financial updates.GameStop
(NYSE: GME) has met its Kryptonite, and apparently it comes in the form of an earnings
report. "Will GameStop stock finally break the curse of earnings season?" I asked
last week, as the stock had fallen the day...'
- The timing was perfect. The very moment I sat down to write about Queenpins, the
inspired-by-actual-events tale of a coupon scheme gone awry, a tantalizing coupon
popped up on my screen. It offered 20 percent off, for a popular brand of socks.
I didnt need socks. But 20 percent? Maybe I did need ...
- Incredibly, we are just over a week away from a general election, which is taking
placeamid soaring COVID-19 infections and an unrelenting and chilling increase in
the number of deaths being recorded. We are living in a kind of Twilight Zone where
it is impossible to comprehend why anyone would ...