- '"We need to actually fix the system before we turn payments back on," Seth Frotman
of the Student Borrower Protection Center told Insider.'
- Students toss their hats at Wesleyan Universitys commencement ceremony in 2018.
- Eduardo Munoz Alvarez/Getty Images
- Two student-loan companies are shutting...
- This value stock was hurt when college enrollment dropped amid the pandemic last
year.Students are back on college campuses this fall after almost a year and a half
of online or hybrid learning brought on by the coronavirus pandemic. One company
happy to see these students return is private student ...
- Sallie Mae (SLM) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take
a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
- " It has been about a month since the last earnings report for Sallie Mae (SLM).
Shares have lost about 4.5% in that time frame, underperforming the S&P 500.Will
- '"We have yet to hear of even a single part of the student-loan program that is
working efficiently and effectively," Sen. Sam Nunn said - in 1991.'
- College graduate sitting outside.
- Sean de Burca/Getty Images
- Former Sen. Samuel Nunn said three decades ago that the student-loan system might
- President Johnson wanted student loans to solve income and racial inequality, per
Josh Mitchell's "The Debt Trap." The opposite happened instead.
- LPETTET/Getty Images
- '"The Debt Trap" lays out how President Johnson thought student loans would combat
- Johnson's Higher Education Act...
- '"The Debt Trap" does a great job to showing how America got stuck with $1.6 trillion
in student debt - and how hard it will be to get out of the hole.'
- A graduate walks during the Boston College 144th commencement exercises in Alumni
Stadium in Chestnut Hill, Boston, MA on May 24, 2021
- Pat ...
- The Wall Street Journal's Josh Mitchell pens an engaging history of the federal
government's role in the ongoing student loan debacle. The Wall Street Journal's
Josh Mitchell pens an engaging history of the federal government's role in the ongoing
student loan debacle...
- As chief executive of student-lending giant Sallie Mae, Al Lord helped drive up
the costs of college. Now that he is footing tuition checks for his grandchildren,
he said he has new sympathy for ordinary families...